Free School Meals
Children in Reception class, Year 1 and Year 2 receive a free school lunch.
If your child is in Year 3 or above, your child could get a free school meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don't get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. Have your National Insurance number or Home Office number to hand when you apply. It takes 5 mins and in most cases you will be told straightaway if your child can get free meals at school.
And if you register, your school could get extra money to help pupils.
Apply online for free school meals now or call 0300 123 4048.