30 hours Free Childcare for 3 and 4 year olds
Eligibile working families may be entitled to 30 hours free childcare for their 3 or 4 year old (1140 hours per year).
You may be eligible if you meet one of the following:
- ALL parents in the household work the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage, therefore earning at least £120 per week.
- No one parent in the family household earns over £100,000.
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
Using your free hours
You can use 30 hours per week for 38 weeks per year or less hours over more weeks, for example, 22.5 hours over 50 weeks.
Where you can use your free hours
If you are in the process of applying for a nursery school/class place for your child, please speak direct with your provider to see if they will be offering the 30 hours free childcare from September 2017.